Sometimes you want to say: YODA Best!
Hi everyone!!!! I'm so excited to share with you this cute and adorable card for May the 4th! Oh yes I didn't forget this day! Craftin Desert Divas has come out with the cutest die set to celebrate this day (badge on the side also links...hint hint).
Just a small bit of info, this is one of my most favorite movies. Unlike most people who love this because, well it's the best. I have a slight attachment to it because it reminds me of my mother. My mother worked for Mr. John T. Williams during the time that he composed the soundtrack for this movie. My mother may have been a simple housekeeper, but she was always made to feel a part of the Williams' family. To this day she still asks me if she thinks he will remember her. I don't know, but I hope to write and find out soon.
Any whoooooo.... now that my nostalgia has passed...This is what you will need to make this card.
***Please note that you can turn off the sound by scrolling to the bottom of the screen and hitting pause.
Let's begin with coloring!
I will be listing all the colors need for each par of the images below. The colors are also depicted. Please click on the images below to enlarge for details.
The coloring isn't that difficult in this case because the images are small and have relatively simple colors.
It's all about the scene.
Now it's time to work out background and build up our scene for the card. It's important to be able to capture and convey the theme through your scene. this was easily done using several of the CDD items.
1. using Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide I blended in some color to my card over 2/3 of the way. I then went over the blue coloring with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide (it's a light grey color) just to darken up some of that blue. Finally Stencil in the stars and planets using the Outer Space stencil and Pickett Fence Distress Ink.
2. Using the craft cardstock I had cut to size, I die cut out my mountains so that it covered the bottom half of my card. Using Vintage Photo Distress Ink i wend over the top pard of the card to darken up the craft paper. Using Tacky Glue I set on my sky background.
3. Next I used the Garden Border dies to make dirt mounts out of my pre-cut brown cardstock. I cut out two of the images and they will overlap and one will be trimmed down. Glue one whole die cut to the left side of the background and a partial on the right side and trim .
Stamp out your sentimend: YODA Best!
4. Cut around your sentiment to make a two sided fishtail banner.
5. Place 3D squares or circles on to the backs of your images and sentiment. Adhere it all to your scene.
Watch the MAGIC happen.
I hope that you have enjoyed this quick and easy card making tutorial for your Troll Wars card. Below are three cards I made with this set including the one above!
Click on each image to enlarge.
Come Back Soon!
HeartcraftPaper was founded by Monica in 2016 as a site to teach and inspire others to be creative. Her love of craft begin in youth and has been crafting with just about anything, from sewing, embroidery, paper craft, drawing, to painting.
Connect With Us: