There is nothing better than the smell of coffee at any given time.
Hi everyone and welcome! Today this post is a part of the Spring|Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! this is a week long event from May 25th to June 1st, and I truly hope you can hop along with us.
You will find several lovely cards made using coffee images with a spring/summer theme to them. Besides...what's better than coffee? Well I really can't think of anything because I'm Coffee Obsessed! So much so that I used this wonderful image from Craftin Desert Divas made this wonderful retro inspired card. I had some Anna Griffin floral print card stock that fit perfectly with this theme.
We are going to begin by coloring our image. For this we will use Copic Markers and Prismacolor Color Pencils. Click on the images to enlarge.
Cream or Sugar?
Now that all the coffee has finished brewing (coloring) we need to add in the sugar and creamer (finishing touches). Get all your items necessary around you so that you don't have to hunt down your items. Which I tend to do sometimes...😗🎶
1. Die cut out your image using the Inside Scalloped Square Dies. Us the second from the largest.
2. Using Scotch tape tape the frame cut out and the image together. Use enough that it the two will remain stable.
3. Adhere your image to the pink 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" matte using double sided tape. The matte will help to create a break between prints and images so that the eye does not jumble everything together.
*** Below you will there is an video with a quick hack for using double sided tape.
4. No adhere the printed floral paper to the pink 4 5/8" x 4 5/8" matte using double sided tape.
5. Using double sided foam tape, mount your image onto the floral print at a slight angle
6. The final step to the image is to mount the whole thing on to the font printed background. As you can see using the mattes creates a nice visual break.
7. We are now down to the final steps. One important piece is the sentiment. For this the sentiment must be die cut using the smallest of the Inside Scalloped Square Dies. No matting will be required for this. Adhere the piece using foam tape and tacky glue ot the lower left hand corner of your image piece.
8. I felt that I wanted to add in a small accent piece to the sentiment and to do this I used the coffee cup that comes with the Inside Scalloped Square Dies. Using the same floral paper cut out the cup portion, white for the lid and craft for the holder.
9. To this I added the word "Coffee" to the holder as a small touch.
10. Glue your coffee cup together and adhere it to your sentiment using mounting tape and tacky glue. The reason for tacky glue is used on the area that does not have the foam tape.
11. Using Bubble Gum Novu Crystal Drops to the sentiment, as well as the upper right of the image.
12. I allowed the drops to dry for a full 24 hour period and then adhered the whole thing to my card base.
Thank you for visiting HeartcraftPaper. I'm so glad that you came and will miss you when you leave. I hope that you have enjoyed this tutorial and will come back to visit again.
Don't forget to subscribe for new post updates.
HeartcraftPaper was founded by Monica in 2016 as a site to teach and inspire others to be creative. Her love of craft begin in youth and has been crafting with just about anything, from sewing, embroidery, paper craft, drawing, to painting.
Connect With Us: