Lace up your boots, and grab your broom...It's time to fly!
When I think of a witch I think of a moon and the silhouette of witch flying in the sky. I really wanted to make that happen with this cute little one. I decide to use a masking technique for this.
This image will be a freebie in the Stampers Delight Facebook Group for those of you who wish to enter the challenge. Head on over and join!
This month Stampers Delights will also be sponsoring a Cleaver Dexter Challenge starting today! Head on over and have a look!
Cricut Project: Link
Time to get Witchy!
As you have noticed, I have two images that I cut out. One with the font cut out and the other plain with the image only. This was so that I could use the plain image as a mask. I colored in the image with the font cut out. Because of this I added washi tape to the back of the card over the cut out section. I didn't want any small cuts to lift or bend as a did my blending. Next I used Elmer's Re-Stick Glue Stick on the back of my masking witch and placed her right over the image. I finally used a circle cut out of a masking sheet and placed it in the center of the card.
With my masking completed, I moved on to my blending. This is always such fun for me. I began with Seedless Preserve Distress Oxide and blended it over the whole card, I then came in with Black Soot over the cop portion of the card. As you can tell this is a pretty quick card to make.
I removed the circular masking to reveal the moon. Using Squeezed lemonade I gently blended in some color onto the boon around the edges mostly. I then used a tissue paper add blotches of Scattered Straw on the moon, this makes it have the effect of craters in it.
Using 1/8" double sided tape around the edges of the acetate (dimension above), I adhered it onto the back of my card front right over the sentiment.
To create a well for my sequins, I used a combination of 1/4" and 1" foam tape doubled up. That's to say added on layer of foam tape and then a second all around the sentiment cut out.. I had a sequin mix that I made years ago and this was the perfect combination for Halloween. I placed that into the open area I left over the sentiment.
I used a pattern paper from Doodlebug that I absolutely love. I don't like to always use whole card sections for such a small piece to the shaker element since the A2 card base will be completely covered anyways. So I used a trimmed piece (dimensions above) to place over my well. I first lined the back side with 1/8" double sided tape. Then removed the foam Tape covering and placed the piece of cardstock down so that the double sided tape faced outwards. I then exposed the double sided tape, flipped this over and adhered it onto my card base.
I added a few touches here and there with Dandelion Yellow Nuvo Drops and some yellow sequins. I didn't want to go overboard since I wanted the Image to really stand out.
Here is what the final project will look like.
Hi! I'm Monica. Welcome to my blog. I'm so excited that you can join me in my crafting adventure. You will find all sorts of inspiration, information & techniques on my blog. I love card making, paper crafting and planning. I hope that you subscribe to get blog notices and other updates!