It's A Black & White Ball
Ribbons and Pearls set off the night of a Black & White Ball.
Hello and welcome back!
I'm so glad you could join HeartcraftPaper for another fun card.
Today I'm sharing my Ribbons and Pearls themed card for the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge. For this challenge I picked Oriana from the Masquerade Ball Digi Doodle Studios collection. This is for a month long challenge, I hope you will join in on the fun!
Alright...this is what you will need to make this card.
Thankfully this card is one of the easiest I had to put together. At least because I made the majority of my cuts with my Cricut. I simply pulled it all together in design space and viola! Just a reminder, this is is a print and cut image. That means that I imported my image into Design Space so that I could Cut it out on an oval. Above I have linked my DS creation.
Coloring the image.
First thing to start with always is coloring in our image. Usually you can start with a theme color (which I did for this card) or you can color and then build your card around it. Below I have depicted the colors necessary. I will also post to the side the color numbers as well. You can also click on the images to enlarge for a more detailed view.
Let's build our card.
Having used Design Space and my Cricut to cut out my images from the start, I am now ready to pull it all together.
1. I started with the mask. Since the mask has a back piece, which i cut out on black cardstock and a front scroll piece (on white cardstock), I had to glue them both together. I used my tweezers and low pressure on my tacky glue to get it all on the thin cuts on the back of the white cardstock.
2. I then moved on to my sentiment piece. I had cut out my medallion on black card stock and a grey circle. Then my white cardstock with the typed out sentiment Black & White Ball (which is about 1/8" smaller than the grey circle). Layered them all up so that the medallion would add the detail from behind, which I think is quiet lovely.
3. The scroll fan comes in 2 pieces. The base I cut out of a light grey. and then I used white for the scroll piece. Glue down the white piece to the grey using tacky glue.
4. Again the feathers come in two pieces. I used black for the base and white for the feather piece itself. Now the white piece does not have any detail whatsoever. Because of this I added in some feathering details by using my Faber-Castle Brush Pen. Once I did that I glued everything down to the black base.
5. So now we are coming down to the meat of the construction. Working my base. I embossed my grey 5" x 5" card stock with a polka dot embossing folder. I then glued it down to the 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" white card stock. Finally I added some detail with the lace boarder trimmed to 5" long. (the lace boarder is a Cricut cut using black cardstock)
6. Since I had already had my image printed and cut with my Cricut I simply adhered it to the oval piece that I had cut out on black cardstock. the black oval is 1/8" larger than my image oval. I then applied glue to half of the oval piece and placed that down over half of the fan so that it made a nice decorative piece.
7. We are not coming down to the final touches. The pearl necklace comes in two pieces. I used light grey for the base and white for the pearls themselves. I glued down the pearls to the base and added a touch of Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer.
8. Now lets put the mask together. You may have thought that we were completely done with the mask, but not yet. place your feathers overlapping so that the to one is slightly higher than the bottom. Then glue the two pieces to the back of the mask slightly off center. Then you can add some accents to the piece by using adhesive pearls here and there (especially in the center of the mask, I think it needs it).
9. Glue down your pearls so that they are slightly tilted and with a small portion slightly on top of the lace piece at the bottom.
10. Glue down the mask piece diagonally so that the point of the Mask is what is on the corner of the white cardstock. This will leave you with the feathers and parts of the mask hanging over the card itself. You will need to make a larger envelop for this. Because this is a flat image there is no need to worry that it will end up smashed.
11. Finally you will add your image piece with the fan portion hanging slightly off the right side of the card. Not to much mind you. Just about 1/2" off. And then glue down you sentiment piece just to the bottom left of your image.
12. Now all that is left is to blue the whole card front to your card base. Which when folded will be 5 1/2" 5 1/2". A perfect fit.
Here you have the final piece all put together. It does not have much embellishments with flowers, and lace, but mostly paper. The trick is to finding just the right combination that will add the umph to your card without too much depth to it. especially if you plan to mail this.
Come back soon!
Crafty Girls Creations - Challenge 47
Creatilicous Challenges - Challenge 138
Crafting With Friends - Challenge 66
Crafty Creations Challenges - Challenge 365
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Challenge 148
Love to Craft Challenge Blog - Challenge 22
Colour Crazy Challenge - Challenge 17
Card Mania Challenge - Challenge 104
A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge Blog - Challenge 5
A Bit More Time To Craft Extra Challenge - Challenge 5
5/1/2018 12:14:50 pm
Wow! Well done! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa
5/1/2018 12:21:18 pm
Thank you Ms. Lisa! ?
5/4/2018 04:27:24 pm
This is just stunning work. I love it.
5/16/2018 08:47:35 pm
This is actually my first time to know about this beautiful fact about pearls. I would like to agree with what you have said about the trials and the relation of these pearls. It is true that our trials will cause us something beautiful in the end if we will strive harder to overcome those. Just like these pearls that came from some oyster irritation, if we will let the sufferings teach us lessons, something beautiful will definitely grow in the end. You have a really nice illustration here. You have inspired me to face every suffering that I will be about to face.
5/7/2018 02:01:56 am
Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
5/7/2018 11:13:16 am
thank you Ms. Jackie! ?
5/7/2018 11:13:44 am
Thank you Annette for your kind words.
5/9/2018 05:32:52 pm
Thank you ?
5/13/2018 12:29:44 pm
Thank you Maggie!
This Card is gorgeous! Great Job!
5/14/2018 06:13:38 am
Thank you Jenna. I'm so glad to hear from you.
A wonderful card!
Leave a Reply.
Hi! I'm Monica. Welcome to my blog. I'm so excited that you can join me in my crafting adventure. You will find all sorts of inspiration, information & techniques on my blog. I love card making, paper crafting and planning. I hope that you subscribe to get blog notices and other updates!
Help support this blog by using my affiliate links. Your help makes all the difference for crafters like myself.