Hey There Ladybug
Lots of love and ladybug hugs!
Welcome back to Heartcraftpaper! This has been very busy month for me. I have been working on several crafts, videos as well as posts. You can expect several more to come.
That being said, today I'm show casing the new Bodi & Susie from the Bundles of Joy collection at Digi Doodle Studios. When I first saw this image I thought of a friend and co-worker of mine who always greet me with "Hey there ladybug!" So I used that as my inspiration. I used red, white and black for the colors to keep the theme of the ladybug going throughout. I even included some really cute ladybug embellishments to keep in theme.
For this card I designed in and used images in Cricut Design Space. This has made my work tons easier.
This is what you will need for this card:
** Reminder, you can click on the smaller images to enlarge.
Cut it out!
Now that we have gathered our supplies. You will begin by cutting out your images using Cricut Design Space.
Here is the link in Design Space for this specific cutting set: Hey There Ladybug
Coloring in your image.
Now that you have all your items printed and cut out, you are ready to begin your coloring.
**As a reminder, this image was printed and cut using Cricut Design Space.
Now your done! Don't forget to set it someplace safe and away from any liquids. I had to redo mine twice because I got water drops on it when I was painting a watercolor project. :'(
Now that all of the coloring is done, we are now ready to put it all together. Because we are adding details to our card using only paper items it makes it very easy to make. The details come in the small items as well as the printed picture. I choose not to add to many things to this card as it will then allow for easy mailing, but most importantly it does not take away the focus of my image, but adds to it.
1. We will start with our card background and glue the red polka-dot piece to our black cut out piece. I especially liked the scallops of this cut out.
2. Prepare the card base. If you have a pre-made 5x5 card base, then you are good to go. If not and you decided to trim down your paper for the card base, then simply fold it in half and burnish to get a nice crisp crease.
3. We will begin by adding on our first embellishment, which is the lace boarder. You will adhere it towards the bottom of the polka-dot page. Leave about 1/4" on both the lest and right side so that your item is centered.
4. We are now ready to work with our image. Apply the black base to it so that it has a 1/8" boarder all around. Once that is down you will adhere the image and base to the right side of your card so that it has about 1/2" of distance from the top and side of the printed paper.
5. Next we can start to glue our black and white banners together. The white cut out will go under the black one. This will then be adhered to the left side of the card, again with a 1/2" margin on the left side from the edge of the red printed paper.
6. Let's add in our sentiment! You will work first with the black and red scalloped circles. Once you have glued them to each other. Then you will ad 3D squares to the back of your white sentiment piece. Lastly the whole thing will be adhered to the left side of the card so that it overlaps some of the image piece.
7. We are down to the final touches. The first of the small embellishments are the ladies bugs. We will need to glue together our pieces and then adhere them to the card pice as depicted below. I also used some of the hearts from the ladybug cutouts that remained to add on the banner piece.
8. Finally we will add some sequins at random. Just a few, you don't want to bombard the card.
I hope that you have enjoyed this card making tutorial. It has been a pleasure to have you all back and visiting with me.
If this is your first visit, subscribe to get more posts like these and important news.
5/19/2018 01:48:06 pm
That card and image are so cute!!! My niece calls her daughter LadyBug and this card makes me think of her. I will have to tell her about your blog :) Hugs...Janie crafterscastle.blogspot.com
5/19/2018 02:11:56 pm
Thank you so much for your kind words. I think this just fit, with the polk-a-dot balloon.
Leave a Reply.
Hi! I'm Monica. Welcome to my blog. I'm so excited that you can join me in my crafting adventure. You will find all sorts of inspiration, information & techniques on my blog. I love card making, paper crafting and planning. I hope that you subscribe to get blog notices and other updates!
Help support this blog by using my affiliate links. Your help makes all the difference for crafters like myself.