Candy apple anyone?
Welcome back! It's been a while as i have been busy with the next release, but I hope to remedy that in the following weeks.
My goal this month is to show the versatility of digital images and just how much can be done with them and with much less time and effort that with physical stamps. Although physical stamps are always fun to work with.
I was working on a idea for what I wanted to give my staff as a small little gift for Halloween. I had recently made this cute little candy apple and candy corn duo. I figured it would be fun to make a small treat bag with this. So that's exactly what I did.
Trick - or - Treat smell my feet...
So this project is pretty much easy and simple to put together. For this project I wanted to use the digital image to make a background paper first. I then imported this into Design Space (DS) and then using the scallopped portion of the BOO! Card SVG file I sliced out a section of the printed paper. Back ground is done and set. Now I just imported my remaining items into design space and set them to the sizes above.
Time to cut them all out!
The best part of all of this is that I can print and cut all in one swoop. I made out 8 of these beauties!
Let's get coloring!
How to cut out the treat bag...
Pulling it together.
All that is left is the assembly of it all. This is where the fun part for me begins since its the easiest part.
1. Glue printed paper in the center of the main body of the bag and set them aside. I like doing this part before making any folds to the bag.
2. Add the foam squares to the back of the images and glue them down to the center of the pattern cut out.
3. Using YG03 Copic marker I gently went around the edge of the sentiments to add color. Placed foam squares on the back and glued them above and below my main image.
4. Fold and glue your bag pieces together (see video above for more instructions).
5. Make a bow and using Zots, glue it to the bag in the upper left corner. I happened to find this ribbon at Michael's for $1.
And here you have it. A simple gift bag that can be made ever so quickly with the help of your die cutting machine.
Thanks for visiting. I hope to see you back again! Also don't forget I have the monthly challenge running and you have the opportunity to win some of the release items for this month! Join in on the fun.
Hi! I'm Monica. Welcome to my blog. I'm so excited that you can join me in my crafting adventure. You will find all sorts of inspiration, information & techniques on my blog. I love card making, paper crafting and planning. I hope that you subscribe to get blog notices and other updates!
Help support this blog by using my affiliate links. Your help makes all the difference for crafters like myself.